Sunday, November 4, 2012

Stringing along the week-end.
There are many things that I was excited about doing this week end. I decided to  re-style a few of my clothes since a friend kept telling me to get a makeover and here I was, thinking I was always well turned out!
I own a lot of white shirts and decided to metallic rust paint my chinese collar. It looks pretty swanky now :) I got carried away and tried to spruce up my mother's white collars to pink, but it does not look as nice. Oops.

I also watched 3 episodes of masterchef today and was so inspired that I have decided to cook through Tarla Dalal's cookbook. I tried out her Lemon Tart recipe and it was pretty easy to execute! Since I did not have tart tins, I had to set the mixture in a pie tin. It still tastes decent and lemony enough, despite the fact that the recipe requires 2 lemons and 2 eggs. I initially thought Ms. Dalal had not taken into account that Indian lemons are not as big as the foreign ones, but her estimates were quite accurate.

I call my sister Dittu since her real name is too common. We have now prepared a week's menu and stuck it on our kitchen door. Mama and Dittu are out buying ingredients for Urulai Idid Cha Masala, which is essentially a heavily spiced potato dish, from what I could make out.

I shall upload some pictures once I find my camera's USB or buy another card reader, which should be soon.

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4178059/?claim=6efjkksc4dt">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment